Beer or coffee for life!
A quick overview of the fine-ish print
- The first emergency phase of the A-Bär-itif – Beer or coffee for life crowdfunding campaign took place from May 9 to 23, 2020.
- The aim of the urgent campaign was to raise, within the space of two short weeks, the first CHF 75,000 of the CHF 275,000 we will need to raise over the long term.
- By the end of the emergency campaign, we had not met our CHF 75,000 goal. However, thanks to the support of the people of Gland and beyond, we did manage to raise around CHF 50,000!
- We are now in the process of assessing whether the amount raised, if combined with funds that may be raised with the help of potential investors, will be enough to move the project into the next phase (i.e. forward!). If the answer is no, Dive Bär may, at its sole discretion, put an end to the project and refund all funds raised through this appeal. Dive Bär shall not be held liable for any losses that may be incurred by the contributor as a direct or indirect result of the cancellation of the L’A-Bär-itif campaign by Dive Bär. In normal English, we needed to raise 75,000 Fr. by May 23. We got two thirds of the way there and might have reached 100% if certain potential investors follow through with their interest. If we don’t, we might call it quits and everyone who bought an A-Bär-itif will get their money back.
- Dive Bär will regularly post the progress being made in the project on its web site and Facebook page.
- Your key will become valid the day the New Dive Bär opens its doors in Gland and will remain valid forever. Normal English: You won’t be able to use your key for free beer or coffee until we’ve actually opened for business, but once we do, you can stop by any time you like. May 9 addendum: You may claim your free beverage (beer or coffee) only during our opening hours and days. This statement serves to clarify that the benefit created by this offer can be enjoyed only once per visit, per day that Dive Bär is open. The Bär Key may only be used once per day, regardless of the number of visits you may make that day.
- The Bär Key and the reward it bestows on its rightful holder is non-transferable, non-cumulable and has no cash value. In normal language, this means that the key is yours and yours only; you can’t lend or give it to someone else and if you don’t use a benefit (a free drink) one day, it doesn’t get saved up for another day.
- No purchase necessary as a condition to redeeming the daily beer or coffee beverage. In normal English: You can come in, have a drink and head home with a smile on your face; you’re under no obligation to order anything else. But purchases are welcome and appreciated and besides, what better to go with great beer or coffee than great food?
- Valid for one (1) glass of beer on tap (250 ml of regular beer, 150 ml of strong beer (>7% ABV), availability permitting) or one (1) regular-sized coffee, tea or herbal tea beverage, each day, for you and a guest. You must present your Bär Key when ordering. The Bär Key may be used only one (1) time (once) per day. Both your beverage and your friend’s beverage must be ordered at the same time. Valid exclusively for on-site consumption; no takeaways. In normal English: Actually, that was pretty normal. But it basically means that you can come in any day you like for the rest of your life, with or without a friend, and enjoy one free drink each, as long as you drink them on site. In other words, we won’t give you a bottled beer to take home or a coffee to go.
- In the event of bankruptcy, all benefits shall cease being redeemable. Dive Bär will thereafter not be held liable for any loss, perceived or actual, that results from the cessation of benefits. In normal English: If Dive Bär goes belly up, well, all bets are off. We don’t want that to happen, but if it does, you will no longer be able to claim your A-Bär-itif benefits, i.e. no more free drinks. And that will be sad, because we want you to have them. Thanks for understanding.
- If all goes as planned, the New Dive Bär Craft Brewery will open in September 2020. Dive Bär will not be held responsible for any losses that may be incurred in the event of a delay in opening. Bär Key holders will be notified of any such delays, if possible. In normal English: We’re aiming for a September opening, but stuff happens (remember Covid-19?), so we may end up adjusting or delaying the opening day. If we don’t end up opening in September, please don’t sue us. But we will try to let you know so you don’t show up and find a backhoe in front of the entrance.
These conditions are just a summary and are in no way definitive. It’s very likely that our lawyer is going to get angry at us and insist on drafting a ten-page legal document that covers all of the above and more. We will make that legal document available to all, either online or through some other means, and will do everything we can to ensure that the intended benefits of this amazing relationship are honoured.